May 15, 2007

@ Largest Green Building

I have been working at Olympia Tech Park for more than a year now, but truly unaware of the fact that it has been identified as the world's largest green building.

Though I'm glad, I don't see any difference from other IT Parks that I visited. So, what is it different here? The recognition is on the performance in five significant aspects of human and environmental health :

1) Sustainable site development
2) Energy efficiency
3) Water conservation
4) Selection of materials
5) Indoor environmental quality

The quality of implementation of these aspects will not be visibly available to all. So, no surprise that I was unaware of this great milestone. The good thing to be noted here is that the promoters/constructors are not just eyeing money, also care for environment.

No comments: