May 9, 2007

Child Psychology - as I understand

It is good to be possessive sometimes, but many times it is a problem creator. Not just me, many would have been victim of possessiveness at least once in their life.

I love when Hema is possessive about me. It shows her love on me. The problems that it might create are always solvable. In fact, we enjoy solving those problems.

Kughan, my nephew, is now 5 yrs old and very possessive on my dad, mom and me. Whenever we play with Kirthik or Kathir, my 2nd nephew, he always try to distract us and becomes sad/angry when we ignore him. This will also lead him to develop 'enemity' about his brothers. He is also too young to understand our advise. Even myself and raghu had the same problem during our childhood. Thing got settled when we grew-up.

You can't avoid these problems, when you love your kids. You have to handle this wisely without breaking the hearts. Advise the kids and make them understand the meaning of life. It might take a longer time, but definitely an effective solution. Becoming angry will never make a better solution.

No comments: