May 3, 2007

A chase against god

Today, all the chennaites would be feeling relaxed. The heat and humidity was soaring us for more than a month now. We were fighting to keep our body cool using different techniques.

A much deserved break from all these struggles, as there was a light shower and the climate is more cloudy today.

When I was driving to office, the air was getting cooler and more humid. I felt the sweat 'Manvasanai' (the smell of the sand that signals the rain). I felt that it is going to start raining in another 10 mins. Once I saw the cloud moving towards me, I started driving fast, as fast as 70 km/hour on the mount road (i knew you wont believe this!!) to reach the office before the rain drenches me.

It was a race between the rain god and me. Eventually I won.

No comments: