Nov 2, 2006

Being Doctor, A Profession or A Service...

Disclaimer : In this blog, I am not talking about all the doctors in general. I am only talking about Doctors who don't understand and practise their duty.

By know you might have guessed what I am going to talk about.

Recent rain in chennai and the sudden weather change caused lot of health issues to all. I am not an exception. I had a head-ache, one-sided though. So I visited the near-by hospital. I dont have a good opinion about that hospital, I have no choice because of lack of good doctors around Velacherry.

I am surprised to see 7 tablets and 2 tonics in the prescribtion that too for just a head-ache. When I checked with my friends in office, they told that there are tablets for acidity and alergy in the list.

I can understand we should not underestimate anything, but is it not the duty of the doctor to explain what the tablets are? and what for?. This would help the patient to understand their health condition. On seeing the prescribtion, it looks like a I am having a life long illness. I am scared.

Another incident that happened to my friend, Mummy (Prakash). He went to a hospital for getting treated for a "Katti" on his back. The Doctor asked him to get admitted for an operation. Mummy ran away from the scene.

Only Doctors can safe life. All others can do is help them in whatever way we can like donating blood. But ultimately, it is in the doctor's hand. Their profession is just more than what it meant. People see him as god. Do they deserve it?.

Let them charge whatever they want but they must also do their duty in a more professional way.

No comments: