Oct 30, 2006

Lost Contacts.

I had few lessons to learn on Saturday.

I was trying to have a more secured mobile by changing some security setting. I just wanted to have the feature to ask code while unlocking the key. I was successful in doing it but when I switched on the phone, it just got in without a code. So, I was trying to enable it.

Suddently, I got a message saying 'SIM Blocked', 'Enter PUK Number : '. I was not aware of what PUK number is. So, I entered few # what I thought as default ones. All the attempts were failed and finally my SIM got rejected.

On Saturday morning, I went to HUTCH Shop. They told me that it can corrected only by changing the SIM. I did and without any problem I was able to retain my old #.

I usually stored all my contacts in SIM as my phone can accomodate only 50 contacts. Now I lost all my contacts. :(

Lessons Learnt

1) Don't play on security setting on your phone when you are sure of what it is.
2) If you decided to play with security setting, do so in the morning.
3) Have a copy of your contact always somewhere.

No comments: