Nov 13, 2006

Payanakkal Mudivathu illai....

One of my friend, Joby, got married last Sunday (12/11) in Alanthur, Kerala. I along with my few friends (Karthik, Vijesh and Sadiq) have planned to attend the marriage in person. They have planned to start from Chennai on Saturday and reach Alanthur directly. I have planned to go home and start on Sunday morning.

I got the bus to coimbatore at around 7:45 AM from Nadupalayam. From Ukkadam (Kovai), I boarded KSRTC bus to Palakkadu and then from Palakkadu to Thirssur. I got down at Alanthur. From there I took an Auto to reach the Chruch. It was 12:30 PM when I reach the chruch, a total travel time of around 5 hours. One thing that I enjoyed during travelling is the greenish environment everywhere. Thatz Kerala.

After lunch, we all four started our return journey together. We reached Thirssur at around 4 PM and visited a Museum to pass time as our train starts at 6:40 PM.

I have booked my return ticket from Tiruppur in Cheran Express. It was gampling that I took to travel on Gowhati Express from Thirssur to Tiruppur. To my luck, both the trains were running late. I got down at Tiruppur at 11:30 PM and Cheran reaches Tiruppur at 12:00 AM. Finally I am on my way to Chennai. Reached home at around 9:00 AM.

This is my first ever travel outside Tamilnadu that I was travelling alone, the long journey though.

No comments: