Mar 2, 2007

Holi...

Holi, the festival of color, is generally celebrated in northern part of the country. The habit of celebrating this festival is also spreading to south.

In fact, I have started playing holi starting my PG days at Coimbatore, thanks to our own Sudheer. He usually bring in colors to our AH (Hostel) on Holi evening and we all squirt colored water/powder on each others.

Then I moved to Nagpur in the central India for my job and was the for a holi. Beginning an Madrassi, I am not fully aware of how to celebrate Holi. So, I was just watching some program on TV. Few of my colleagues came to the guest house. At first, I didn't realise who they are. They colored me fully and took me with them for the celebration for rest of the day. Even after a week, people come to office with colors on them. It take time to complete wash them.

Last year, it was a declared holiday at office. We have decided for a team outing. And celebrated holi in a beach resort. Since, the composition of my team was heterogeneous, we have the right mixture of people to have a high intensity.

This year, it was celebrated at office cafeteria. To maintain a level of discipline, they restrict coloring and have more games. Just another fun day but nothing so specific for holi.

No comments: